Loneliness-Calypso's curse


My friends, i'm writing a raw emotional piece after a long long time, these sort of feelings used to come to me during my second year at college, where i was really struggling with my life. it was one of the darkest periods of my life, conversely i produced some of my finest poems during that time, i guess poetry does come from powerful misery when i look back at those lines i marvel the fact that i had such dark and brooding feelings where i could have taken any addiction to any length, but thank the lord i didn't. My junior recently asked me why was i so serious, i said i'm not serious, i'm sombre and yes that does seem worse because it is worse. This feeling originates from obsessive overthinking and trust me i have had a lot of time to think about the world, my friends, my life and what will happen in the future. And sometimes it feels that i'm just existing, moving through time as it flows past me and i'm trapped in my own lethargy which i can't seem to break, a prisoner to my own sloth, a victim of my own pride, a sufferer of my own vanity and a martyr to my own vengeance. It feels like i'm a hollow shell, a husk without a soul, my body turning to dust. Yet i don't feel liberated i feel the weight of two worlds upon my back. I feel its fell presence tainting my life, perverting my thoughts, wresting away my sanctity, pushing me to the brink of sanity. I feel the curse drawing closer with its rattling breath and its foul bearing, loneliness will soon have the better of me and i'm broken into two. As i grapple with myself i realize the futility of my own actions, i feel as if i'm fading.

Comments

  1. Firstly, next time you make a reference to me in a post I would like you to use my name. I have one that incidentally I'm proud of.
    Secondly, I find it hard to believe that you, come on, you are experiencing waning self-belief!

    When fate plays a bitch,
    Believe in yourself,
    To live easy without a hitch,
    And life will take care of itself!

    This is just for you. Life is crappy, so man-up and go face it! Do not forget Varunda that melancholy used to repulse at the mention of your name. Don't make it your drinking buddy!!
    Agreed we are afar and there is almost no socializing, but not that far too! Chin-up and go have a drink, try and score a chick or two... You shall not fade unless you choose to and even if you choose such a path there are people like me (and loads of them) who'll come close and say: Fuck you...this isn't you..be yourself! Find yourself...

    P.S.: If nothing else works wait until the 25th for Al-Baks to work some Black Magic on the President himself!!
    Apologies to other readers who by now must have been bored to death but very frankly, who's wearing a smug expression and doesn't give a rat's ass to your feelings? You know my name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fuksolutely Backchodilicious !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I wish i Could fly...

Aarambh hai prachanda...

The pyre of Raphael, The rise of the Zen...