Victims to our Overzealous Work Ethic

There seems to be a serious dearth of blogging issues in my mind right now, i can barely churn out one post a month and even that comes after some serious pondering, after 2 years of blogging i can consider myself a veteran of sorts and re-reading my own works is one of the gulity pleasures that i like to revel in, but this post that i'm about to embark upon is something that is a change from my norm of non-serious works, ok not such a big change then :), it has been about 40 days since the junior batch i.e. the MHROD 2013 batch were admitted to our institution and they are a landmark batch of sorts, they were the first in our history to be admitted through the CAT route, and this fact in some converse way makes our batch i.e. MHROD 2012 a landmark batch as well, well more an "end of an era" batch, that students will no longer be from the entrance test mould. Era's and epoch's are meant to end if not today then a few years hence.

But to tell you the truth yours truly was anticipating their coming with bated breath, I had this picture in my head that these guys are 93 percentiles, i mean to say the the top 7 percent of all mangement hopefuls in this country and proportionately my expectations were massive, and not mine alone all of my friends had massive expectations, after the debacle with the senior batch and our subsequent seriousness in work, maybe somewhere we missed a step.

Let me elaborate (I apologise if you are finding this very boring, please bear with me, or if you can't you are more than welcome to navigate away, though i would request you to read on), our expectations were built on a score, a number and with that number we based all of our assumptions and calculations on what the work would be, we assumed that like our senior batch we would be great friends with our juniors as well, hence on our perceptions, we built every single relationship with our juniors and then the batch arrived.

Let me be frank here, the junior batch was far from impressive on the first day, they were insipidly average, not one character shone through, mostly what i saw was a hungover graduation attitude which was not helped by our pathetic teachers and their less than professional attitude. We tried to engage the batch with our extensive on boarding program. Their reactions to the pre-joining and onboarding was such that my first thought was "What the fuck am i doing wasting my time on such nitwits?", sadly this is the attitude that i still carry, Team erudition is proud of their juniors and am very sad to say that i'm still to be impressed by the CRT juniors, truth is a hard thing and admitting it here i am again realising that my perceptions are still colouring my interactions and expectations.

But one thing that i have come to realise without a shadow of a doubt is that the 2013 batch is a victim of our overzealous passion and work ethic, we as a batch or lets just say the majority of the convener's and their teams are passionately committed to the betterment of the course, we truly have the attitude that "if not us, then who?", and this attitude has seen us move from one conflict to another conflict, from one war to another war and when we feel we have done something right, we do celebrate, and right of the bat we expected the 2013 batch to share our passions, our zeal when they did not have the faintest idea what we are talking about, our seniors did two great things
  • Gave us some of the best friends one could ever hope for
  • By not working and making stupid choices, gave us the right attitude for our course
Yet, our attitude could inversely affect our junior batch and it could be another slide or our attitude can infect them and they could build upon the foundation that we are laying. Only time will tell and time is ripe for some observation and itrospection.

  • No offence to my seniors, this is a candid expression
  • No offence to my juniors, my perception is not a true reflection of your talents
  • No offence to my peers, "lyunki taali kabhi ek haath se nahi bajti hai"

Cheers...

Comments

  1. "CANDID" is the word that comes to my mind after I go through this piece. May be some day i will sum up and write my version of our conversion too...Nevertheless, good read BEAST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "re-reading my own works is one of the gulity pleasures that i like to revel in"
    How honest. Same here.

    Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I wish i Could fly...

Aarambh hai prachanda...

The pyre of Raphael, The rise of the Zen...